Spring is around the corner. Can we hear a resounding ((( AMEN!!! )))
Most of the country (at least from Colorado east ..) has experienced enough snow and bitter temps to last a decade. Unfortunately, that won’t happen. Old Man Winter will be back again next year .. BUT, in anticipation for THIS year’s ‘Spring’ I thought a fresh fish recipe would brighten the spirits and lighten the fare. So here is one that looks ready to try tonight. Who’s in?
Baked Halibut Steaks
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and mince
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- PREP – 15 mins
- COOK – 15 mins
- READY IN – 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in zucchini, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon equal amounts of the zucchini mixture over each steak. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Layer over some fluffy or sticky rice and “VOILA! Dinner is served!”