- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium red potato, cubed
- 1 small carrot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add the potato, carrot, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in the milk, corn and pepper. Cook 5 minutes longer. Combine the flour and cold water until smooth; gradually whisk into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Judy Preciado is an Independent Consultant. Her areas of expertise are Social Media/Marketing, Promotions, Event Production and Wellness. She co-founded SimplyFit4Life and is currently Director of Media/Marketing with SF4L. Her most meaningful investment in life is with her family. Her greatest relationship is with her God.
View all posts by Judy Preciado